Wednesday, January 06, 2010

For action by those concerned with media freedoms

Message from Japanese journalist Toshikuni DOI:

Israel began its military attacks on Gaza on the 27th of December 2008.
On its first anniversary, I made up my mind to protest officially
against the restrictions on my reporting imposed by the Israeli
government. The protest is not against media control in general but is
motivated by restrictions on my activities as a journalist. Since last
summer, the Israeli government has refused to issue a press
card to me on two occasions, which has eliminated the chances of my
covering stories in Gaza. This, however, concerns not only myself but
all other journalists who are interested in reporting on Palestine.

If you can agree to the following protest, please write to me at the
following address. I will list your name with your occupation as
someone who endorses it.

doitoshikuni@mail.goo.ne.jp

You may be cited as for example: Toshikuni Doi (journalist)

And please let other people learn about this protest. Please spread the
news to your friends, to someone you know, and particularly to media
people, journalists, and human rights organizations.

I thank you in advance for your support.

Toshikuni Doi
Dec. 29, 2009

No comments: